Azelaic acid is an organic compound with the formula (CH2)7(CO2H)2. This saturated dicarboxylic acid exists as a white powder. It is found in wheat, rye, and barley. It is a component of a number of hair and skin conditioners.
Azelaic acid can be used to treat mild to moderate acne and inflammatory acne; Azelaic acid can also be used to treat skin pigmentation, including chloasma and hyperpigmentation after inflammation, especially in people with darker skin;
As a tyrosinase inhibitor, azelaic acid can inhibit the synthesis of melanin
1. Azelaic acid is industrially produced by the ozonolysis of oleic acid. The side product is nonanoic acid. It is produced naturally by Malassezia furfur (also known as Pityrosporum ovale), a yeast that lives on normal skin. The bacterial degradation of nonanoic acid gives azelaic acid.
2. Azelaic acid is used to treat mild to moderate acne, both comedonal acne, and inflammatory acne. It belongs to a class of medication called dicarboxylic acids. It works by killing acne bacteria that infect skin pores. It also decreases the production of keratin, which is a natural substance that promotes the growth of acne bacteria. Azelaic acid is also used as a topical gel treatment for rosacea, due to its ability to reduce inflammation. It clears the bumps and swelling caused by Rosacea.
3. Azelaic acid has been used for the treatment of skin pigmentation including melasma and post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation, particularly in those with darker skin types. It has been recommended as an alternative to hydroquinone (HQ). As a tyrosinase inhibitor, azelaic acid reduces the synthesis of melanin.
1. Azelaic acid could be used for the treatment of mild-to-moderate inflammatory acne vulgaris. It is easy to acne, acne oily skin, acne, acne, quickly remove acne, solve recurrent acne problems, and tighten pores, remove acne of the plant essence. As a kind of natural plant extract, Rhododendron stoste mild, nonirritating, acne is the most obvious effect.
2. Could also be used in the production of dioctyl azelate plasticizer, but also used as raw materials for the production of fragrances, lubricants, oils, and polyamide resins.
3. Rhododendron acid has antibacterial properties and can be used as a food preservative. The use in mouthwash is beneficial to the prevention of caries, and the use in toilet soap can avoid the cracking of the soap body surface. It has good permeability to the skin, and it can be used in cream cosmetics to increase the absorption function of the skin. There are multiple medicinal effects, available in dermatological plasters. Has skin lightening and whitening functions. Rhododendron acid or its zinc salt is used in combination with vitamin B6 in hair care products. It is suitable for the treatment of male hormonal alopecia with strong endocrine men, and it also stimulates hair growth.
Add: A Office Building ,Room 4703,City Center,NO.333,Qimen Road Hefei,Anhui,China